J.E. Severs Funeral Service Ltd Privacy Statement
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on the 25th May 2017 introducing changes to the information that an organisation must provide to individuals relating to how it uses and stores personal data.
How do we collect personal information about you?
During the consultation we have with you to make funeral arrangements we need to collect information from you in order to carry out your instructions.
What personal information may we need to collect about you?
To carry out your instructions we need the following personal information from you,
* your full name
* your full address
* telephone numbers (both landline and mobile where applicable)
* possibly an e mail address
How may we use your personal information?
We use your personal information to enable us to carry out your instructions and will only share your details with those involved in carrying out the funeral, (as listed in the 'Who may we share your information with' section). We never use your personal information for marketing purpose nor do we share your details with other commercial companies. Your personal information is not stored by us anywhere other than our office at 26 Main Road, Little Hale, Sleaford, Lincs. NG34 9BA.
How do we keep your information safe?
Your information is safeguarded on a password protected database and also securely kept in a locked cupboard as a hard copy.
How long will we keep your personal information?
We archive personal data indefinitely for future reference. If you wish for your data to be deleted after we have fulfilled our contract please let us know.
Who may we share your information with?
We may need to share your personal information with the following people in order to carry out your instructions.
* the vicar, civil celebrant, minister who is conducting the funeral service, so they may contact you to discuss the content of the service
* Coroner's Officers, in the case of deaths reported to the Coroner
* Doctors, in the case of the completion of Cremation Forms 4 and 5
* Registrar, hospital bereavement services, to assist registration of the death
* DWP, in the case of claims being made for funeral costs from the Social Fund
* Crematorium staff, for completion of cremation Application and Cremated Remains forms
* Crematorium Online music providers, for any music request queries
* In the case of pre-paid funeral plans, the funeral plan provider
* Charities, for forwarding donations from the collection at the funeral in order that the charity involved may acknowledge receipt of the donations to you by letter.
We always ask the charities not to contact you with any other correspondence other than the acknowledgement letter.
* Monument Mason, only when you have requested we arrange for a Memorial Brochure to be sent to you or you have requested contact with them to arrange a memorial.
What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
Under applicable law you have the right to,
* request a copy of your information
* request correction and/or deletion of your personal information, request the restriction of the processing of w your personal information or object to that processing.
* complain to the Information Commissioner's Office if your privacy rights are violated, or if you have suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal information
Please note if we are cannot collect/process your personal information we may not be able to carry out your instructions.
J.E. Severs Funeral Service Ltd,
26 Main Road,
Tel: 01529 460339